Re: tlug: Lilo hosed

>                    /dev/hda never had this problem until I installed a
> TurboLinux J beta on /dev/hdd (which has nothing but the beta on it), and
> then LILO was sick and the head count was getting reported as 0.

Sounds like the TL beta mucked with the first few sectors on hda
(contains the mbr and partitioning info).

You're definitely well into the twisty passages here.  You have to fdisk
properly before you will be able to run lilo.  If you *know* the c/h/s
information, and your are currently accessing mounting /dev/hda? okay
then you are probably safe to manually set the number of heads with
fdisk (under the x menu) prior to rerunning lilo.  *Very* easy to lose
or corrupt data here, though, so be careful.

Regards,
--
Rex