Re: tlug: Re: O"Reilly Books

    Maynard> At [Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:02:16 +0900 (JST)] Jonathan Byrne
    Maynard> - 3Web <jq@example.com> wrote:

    >> >I'm more than willing to pay inflated prices at Kinokuniya,
    >> >Maruzen, Yaesu Book Center, etc. because I know what I'm
    >> >getting.

    >> Don't.  Order them from Skysoft Books

    Maynard> I'll consider it, but

    Maynard> (a) I consider it dishonest to spent hours sullying their
    Maynard> books and not buying anything. (No such scruples among
    Maynard> the crowds at the 7-11, I note.)

Not that you can get as good a feel for whether the book is worth it
or not, but you could check out the publisher's site. Ultimately they
should not care if you by though them, as they get the sale in the
end. :)

Can't solve the "I want it NOW" problem. If you find a solution, let
me know!

The only thing that I find that helps it figuring out what savings
would be worth, invested at 10% until retirement. That usually causes
me to pause for a few seconds, sigh, and then say, "I'll take it" :)

Andy