Re: tlug: kanji or romaji for Japanese? (was: parallel-port IDE)

    Frank> John De Hoog <dehoog@example.com> writes:
    >> This discussion is not unrelated to computers, or even to
    >> Unix. When people start telling a culture to shape itself after
    >> computers rather than sticking to their richest traditions,
    >> their priorities are entirely screwed up. Rather than telling
    >> people to adjust to computers, you must make computers adjust
    >> to people.

    Frank> Here-here.

Even without kanji, orthography is important.  That should be "Hear,
hear!"  Unless you really mean to advise John to calm down.  :-)

BTW, when it comes to being adjustABLE, Unix rules.  When it comes to
being PREadjustED, it's way behind the PC world.

But who knows.  A quote from the head maintainer of XEmacs:

    sb> Subject: Why do all the XEmacs defaults suck?
    sb>          (was Re: Why using (push-mark) ?)

    sb> The basic question as Martin has raised it to me in
    sb> conversation over the phone, is why do all the defaults suck?

    sb> I *know* I'm going to hate the consensus, but if there are
    sb> fewer people who hate the defaults the result will be
    sb> positive.

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091
What are those two straight lines for?  "XEmacs rules."