Re: tlug: Kterm/Xterm remote windows config

    Rex> Better, but not ideal.  You've avoided having the xclient
    Rex> (kterm) speaking to the X-server over the network, but it's
    Rex> better to use fast IPC.

This doesn't exactly speak to Frank's concerns....

    Frank> Stty reports the following on the remote (misbehaving)
    Frank> kterm:
    Frank>
    Frank> bash$ stty speed 9600 baud; line = 0; intr = ^?; erase = #;
    Frank> dsusp = <undef>; rprnt = M-^?; werase = M-^?; lnext

    Rex> Well this explains why ^C and @ don't do what you expect.
    Rex> You are expecting the interrupt function (intr) and a literal
    Rex> @ respectively.

Yeah, but how does this get done in the first place is what Frank
wants to know (me too, I've never understood stty or how the line
settings get determined in the absence of `tset -s $TERM').  What in
the world do those defaults make sense for?  A Rupo wapuro?

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091