Re: tlug: MPT vs. English

>>>later would be simple; I don't think netnews is very widely used in
>>>Japan yet, though. Maybe after the MPT's latest proposal gets put
>>>into place and everything that enters Japan's net is translated into
>>>Nihongo before any user sees it (HAH!!).....
>>
>> No!  Did they really propose that?!  (snortgigglechokechoke)
>
>Right there in the latest Computing Japan (October 98), there is a short
>blurb on this. As I look at it, the note does only mention web sites and
>email. But the MPT is looking into implementing this by the year 2000...

Any idea how they're going to do it? Usable J-E/E-J translation technology
is 5-20 years away. As for catching everything that enters Japan and
translating it on the fly....

Maybe this was an April 1st joke that has only just got released as it's
taken this long for all the bureaucrats to hanko it? :-)

Darren