Re: tlug: LILO Vs. 1024 - Round 2

>                                                      Is it OK to also do that
> while booting off the old disk, with the new one unmounted?

Sure.  You can do all sorts of crazy things to the device safely if it
isn't mounted.

>                                                              I do leave my
> system powered up all the time, so what fsck frequency would you suggest?

The check is only at mount time, so the defaults of every 20 mounts and
no more than 6 months are probably reasonable.  You might want to
stagger the mount counts though to still avoid fscking them all at once
(tunefs -C #).

Regards,
--
Rex