Re: tlug: LILO Vs. 1024 - Round 2

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Rex Walters wrote:

>The only issue might be if mkswap complains -- a swap partition needs to
>be strictly less than 127.6875 MB (assuming x86).  You might have to

As a matter of fact it did complain :-)  I read that swap files can be up to
128 meg, so I took the book at its word and made it a 128 meg partition.
mkswap shaved off a few hundred bytes, which are now in limbo.

Thanks for the tune2fs info, I'll certainly use it.  Is it OK to also do that
while booting off the old disk, with the new one unmounted?  I do leave my
system powered up all the time, so what fsck frequency would you suggest?

Thanks,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>