tlug: 1.Japanese hard- and software/2.Netscape

WolfgangWalter Sauer writes:
 > Hello everybody
 > 1.)In case I'm going to buy hard- and softwhere on my next
 > visit in Japan, is there any possibility that I can't use it
 > at home? In other words: can I install German or English
 > software on a Japanese notebook and can I install the
 > Japanese Linux on my pc?
You can use German an d English software, the only problem is the
keyboard. Since most Software does not support Japanese keyboards it
may be a little difficult. On the other hand, if you are using Linux
there is no problem. For Japanese win95/98 software you may need
the japanese win95/98. I tried some on the American win95 and it is a
problem when you can`t read the menus :).

 > 2.)When I'm reading Japanese webpages with Enlish Netscape
 > 4.06 (for Linux of course), the message boxes on the page
 > (on the page itself Japanese charakters are displayed!) and
 > my bookmarks display ASCII. Is there a way to change it or
 > do I need a Japanese Netscape?
You need a japanese Netscape. For Linux there is a hack that turns the
English version into a Japanese one. Look at the tlug web page to get
more information about linux and Japanese.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com
         mocm@example.com