tlug: 1.Japanese hard- and software/2.Netscape

Hello everybody
1.)In case I'm going to buy hard- and softwhere on my next
visit in Japan, is there any possibility that I can't use it
at home? In other words: can I install German or English
software on a Japanese notebook and can I install the
Japanese Linux on my pc?
2.)When I'm reading Japanese webpages with Enlish Netscape
4.06 (for Linux of course), the message boxes on the page
(on the page itself Japanese charakters are displayed!) and
my bookmarks display ASCII. Is there a way to change it or
do I need a Japanese Netscape?
Thank you for your reply!
 Wolf.
--

Omnia mihi licet, sed non omnia expediunt (I ad Cor. 10,22)