Re: tlug: XBF source released to XFree86

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 craigoda@example.com wrote:

> The source code for XBF was released with the agreement of NeoMagic.

" ... has authorized the release to XFree86 of the Red Hat funded Linux
drivers ... "

Not quite the same thing.  I didn't see any provisions for releasing the
driver source to the general public.

What does this minor distinction mean?  It means that one of two things
will happen:

* XFree86 will release Yet Another 3.3.x version incorporating the
  Neomagic driver.
* XFree86 will include the Neomagic driver in the 4.0 release.

Option number one probably won't happen quickly.  Option number two ...
with the current status of 3.9, I wouldn't hold my breath.

-- Chris