Re: tlug: NT offers upgrade incentive to Turbo Linux

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

>have NT around here in the shop to test it... anyone know if/how it works
>with NT? (LILO, that is...)

I'll try to get on that in the next few weeks.  One thing I do know that will
handle almost anything is Partition Magic, which includes the OS/2 boot
manager.  It can even read (but not write) EXT2 partitions.  On my dual-boot
machine, I have Partition Magic's boot manager installed in the MBR, and LILO
in the Linux partition.  Calling Linux from the PM boot manager loads LILO,
which then gets Linux.  LILO never has to know that it isn't alone out there
:-)

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>