tlug: CDRom Burner & Debian 2.0 distribution

Puke, gag, retch.

    me> I'm really happy with Debian 2.0 itself.

    me> However, I reinstalled a lot of Debian-JP stuff, and p[La]TeX
    me> and Linuxdoc-SGML stopped working.  Stupid configuration
    me> incompatibilities, as far as I can tell.  Arrrgh.

I ripped TeX out at the roots, everything I could find, ptex, platex,
tetex, xdvi, dvips, Japanese versions of the foregoing ....

Then I reinstalled and it seems to be mostly working.
Linuxdoc-SGML-ja doesn't tell TeX where it keeps its library files,
but I'm going to ditch Linuxdoc someday soon anyway....

God, I hate it when I have to treat my Linux box like it was running a
M$ product ... maybe this IS M$Linux :-(

At least I didn't have to fdisk....

The Debian-JP dependencies are screwed up, btw.  So you may have to
force-install some of the packages (depending on the order they
download in).  And it's no longer possible to access non-JP-localized
software from the Debian-JP distribution, although there are
cross-dependencies.  And some of the Debian-JP software conflicts with
different versions of the same packages in dists/stable.  And
Debian-JP hasn't bothered to conform to the new distribution
hierarchy.  Grrr.

Oh, well, Scott, I may disagree with HOW you do everything you do :-)
but at least you do the wrong thing so it works!

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091