Re: tlug: isdn dsu/ta + isp providers in Tokyo - Linux/WinNT compatible?

> I used to have a Motorola BitSurfrPro on my linux/WinNT box in the U.S.
> However, I'm not sure what is the best product (and where) to purchase
> in Tokyo that is compatible with linux and WinNT.  Any suggestions?

I'm using a NEC Aterm IT50 DSU, with linux and Win95.  I got it
in Shinjuku (at a Yodobashi or Bikku-pasokonkan), but there are
more in Akihabara of course.  It works fine, but I haven't tried
all the cool stuff I plan to do with it yet; I'm just doing a
demand-dialed 64K PPP and an analog phone line.  I didn't need
to patch anything, at least.

> 2) isp provider
>
> I'm looking for a Tokyo isp provider that provides good service at a
> reasonable price.  Any suggestions?

I've had no problems with TWICS, altho they are a tad pricy, and
they don't offer a certain service I want.  I'm going to shop around.

--
David Beutel    Curiously enough the only thing that went through the mind
jdb@example.com    of the bowl of petunias as it fell was "Oh no, not again".