Re: tlug: yudit

Hi Scott,

How are things with Turbolinux?

> OK, I like the idea of yudit.  BUT.  I got the yudit-1.1 source and the
> motif enhancement, and built it.  I had to add a lot of flags to the
> make command (like -I/usr/X11R6/include, which I really shouldn't need to
> tell it.. it should know better!).  But, I got it to build against
> lesstif.  However, where are all these fonts that it wants?  I don't seem
> to have ANY of the ones that it's expecting...

Strange. Hopefully you did:

   tar xvfz yudit-1.1.tar.gz
   cd yudit-1.1
   tar xvfz ../yudit-motif-1.1.tar.gz
   ./configure --prefix=/usr
   make

Configure should figure out the compilation flags. It usualy does a good
job, especially in Linux. On some systems it tries to figure out the
motif libraries by doing an ldd mwm.

In the rare cases where ./configure screws up you can ass the flags listed
in ./configure --help

Reading your second mail I could suspect the following failure points:

o you did not make install
o you have an old installation which has an old ${HOME}.yuditrc
o you built it in another machine and you did not start again.
  configure caches some values.

In any case if you can not figure out what is wrong, please send me
directly the make messages  and confiugre.log.

I have identified only one problem so far with JIS-0212. You can download
the good --prefix--/share/yudit/JIS0212.bumap from:

           http://www2.gol.com/users/gsinai/patches

but I dont think your problems are related to this.

You can also try prebuilt rpm packages from:

           ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib/hurricane/

It does not contain the JIS-0212 fix yet, but otherwise it works.
The source rpm is also there.

Please tell me if you still have any problem,
cheers,

gaspar