Re: Let's Note + TLJ2.0 (Re: tlug: gratitude)

Scott Stone writes:
 > On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Ken Harada wrote:
 >
 > > SHUDO Daisuke <dshudo@example.com> wrote on Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:13:25 +0900 re:Re: tlug: gratitude :-
 > >
 > > > Scott Stone wrote:
Hi Scott, as a witness to the installation attempt I have to say:
 > 1.  Were you inserting the extra HW floppy disk?  PCMCIA doesn't work
 > without it.

Yes they did. It recognized a pcmcia controller but had trouble with
the interrupts. The same problems I had on my PC-PJ1 where I had to
patch the pcmcia-cs.

 > 2.  You can boot from the CD and avoid the need for floppies.

They haven`t tried that. Maybe you can do that with the Let`s note.

 > 3.  We did a test-install on a Lets Note here, and it worked.  Maybe the
 > CMOS has to be set to run the PCMCIA controller in i82365 emulation mode?
Did you have the new version of the Let`s note that came out last
month. I think they are a little different fom the old ones.
Maybe there is some information on the pcmcia controllers at the
panasonic web site. (probably not :( )

They might try creating a second dos partition and putting the TL disk
on that one. This work for me. Or they have to find out about the
pcmcia controller and maybe patch the pcmcia-cs, or even write a new driver.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com