Re: Let's Note + TLJ2.0 (Re: tlug: gratitude)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Ken Harada wrote:

> SHUDO Daisuke <dshudo@example.com> wrote on Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:13:25 +0900 re:Re: tlug: gratitude :-
>
> > Scott Stone wrote:
> >
> > > Which version of TL?  Sometimes older kernels don't like newer CD-ROM
> > > drives.  I remember, just as an example, that we had a couple of 24x
> > > drives that 2.0.30 would not talk to, but .31 and above would.  So if
> > > you're trying to install TL 1.0, that might be the problem.  Otherwise,
> > > ... what kind of CD-ROM drive is that?
> >
> > TL 2.0.
> > And CD-ROM drive is BUFFALO CDN-D8X(MELCO Inc.).
> >

> I suspect if the Let's Note PCMCIA controller is fully supported
> by PCMCIA-cs.  It did not recognize any of the IDE card (for
> CD-ROM drive), 3COM Ether, or Accton Ether with the installation
> disks.

1.  Were you inserting the extra HW floppy disk?  PCMCIA doesn't work
without it.

2.  You can boot from the CD and avoid the need for floppies.

3.  We did a test-install on a Lets Note here, and it worked.  Maybe the
CMOS has to be set to run the PCMCIA controller in i82365 emulation mode?

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Meeting: October, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30