Re: Let's Note + TLJ2.0 (Re: tlug: gratitude)

Hi Scott,

Scott Stone <sstone@example.com> wrote on Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:36:15 +0900 (JST) re:Re: Let's Note + TLJ2.0 (Re: tlug: gratitude) :-

> On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Ken Harada wrote:
>
> > SHUDO Daisuke <dshudo@example.com> wrote on Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:13:25 +0900 re:Re: tlug: gratitude :-

> > > TL 2.0.
> > > And CD-ROM drive is BUFFALO CDN-D8X(MELCO Inc.).
> > >

> > I suspect if the Let's Note PCMCIA controller is fully supported
> > by PCMCIA-cs.  It did not recognize any of the IDE card (for
> > CD-ROM drive), 3COM Ether, or Accton Ether with the installation
> > disks.
>
> 1.  Were you inserting the extra HW floppy disk?  PCMCIA doesn't work
> without it.
Yes, as the installer requests.

> 2.  You can boot from the CD and avoid the need for floppies.
??  Does it work with PCMCIA-IDE + CDROM drive?

> 3.  We did a test-install on a Lets Note here, and it worked.  Maybe the
> CMOS has to be set to run the PCMCIA controller in i82365 emulation mode?
This seems to be the answer.  Daisuke, please checkyour CMOS setting.

Ken
Ken Harada        JO1VRK/JE3SEN          Hayama, Japan
kenhrd@example.com	http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of: Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama (IMASY)
	   Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)

Next Meeting: October, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30