Re: tlug: SB AWE-32

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Rafael Coninck Teigao wrote:

> Hi, I'm using sb awe 32 on my red hat linux box, but it isn't working,
> don't know why...
>
> I've used the sndconfig to find it, and it worked (it is a PnP card),
> but when it goes to play a test sample it says that an error occurred on
> modprobe (not saying which error).
>
> I've tried to use isapnp and it ran whitout any error message...
>

> Can anyone help me, please?!

The settings you enter in sndconfig must match the settings that your plug
and play config program sets it to.  Redhat's sndconfig has built in Pnp,
but it's less than adequate - (it will segfault if you don't have a
genuine Creative Labs sound card, for example).

Try setting the card to i/o 220, IRQ 5, DMAs 1 and 5.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: