tlug: More Sparcstation progress

It's been a day of good news and progress with my Sparc.  The good
news: feeling brave, I popped in the four junk SIMMs I bought for 650
yen, and they all worked.  Now it has 12 meg :-)

The better news: the 340 meg SCSI drive I bought for 3500 yen not only
works, it turned out to really be a 540.  The store mis-labeled it.
BUUUUUUAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!   :-)

I guess the only negative has been that when I went to verify the price I
thought I saw on that Ultra 1+, it didn't turn out that there was a
leading "1" that I missed ahead of "43,000."  It turned out there was a
TRAILING ZERO!  Yes, I'm not making this up. Chris is my witness.  They
want 430,000 yen for an Ultra 1+ with 32 meg and about a gigabyte disk
drive.  Makes ya wonder just how crazy a person has to be to get committed
in Japan :-)

Jonathan

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: