RE: tlug: Printing Japanese text in (X)emacs

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Kei Furuuchi wrote:

> Jonathan Byrne - 3Web writes:
>  > As his jaw hits the floor in astonishment, Jonathan exclaims "You mean you
>  > can't do this on Linux?!"   I don't even want to believe it, but then again,
>  > there are some things that are very commonplace that just haven't been done
>  > yet on Linux.  Could this basic desktop capability actually be one of them?
>  > Say it ain't so, doc, say it ain't so! :-)
>

> So are you gonna help me or not?

Well, if I knew how to, I'd be more than happy to.  I'm just still sitting
here kind of amazed that it doesn't already work the way you want it to.
Since I have neither a fax modem nor a phone line to connect it to, the
issue has just never come up before.  But now that it has, I want to know
as well.  I'll try to dig into this and see if I can find any fax software
that will behave like a printer as far as Linux is concerned.  It looks
like it will likely have to wait until after the TLUG meeting, though.

If you don't hear anything from me, please don't hesistate to remind me; I
do tend to be a bit forgetful :-)

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station