tlug: Canna question

Hi!

I am using Canna in Mule (2.3).  There are three things that
constantly bother me:

* Can I directly enter katakana?  I always enter hiragana
  and then press space for conversion.  If the word is not
  in the dictionary, I press two times up-arrow to get
  katakana. That are definitely too many keystrokes.

* Is there a quick way to produce ティ?  Entering `ti'
  gives ち。

* Entering kana, the <backspace> and <delete> key are
  unbound, and I have to use C-h to erase a character.  This
  is very un-Emacs-ish and I always mix up keys.  I could
  start looking for the keymaps, but...

BTW, are there differences in key bindings for Canna between
the different Emacsen?

よろしく

Manuel

P.S.: I don't intend to spawn another discussion on which
      input method is superior or whether Japanese, Kanji,
      Kana, or writing per se is to difficult...
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station