Re: tlug: printer problems

Hi everyone,

In message "RE: tlug: printer problems"
    on 98/06/08, Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> On 08-Jun-98 Eric Standlee and Family wrote:
> > will buying a printer here in Japan for
> > a American system mean that I have to ask questions regarding
> > the compatibility with my system?
>
> If I were you, I'd ask, but you're unlikely to get an answer to,
> "Will this print postscript under Linux?" I've got an HP Deskjet
> 560J that refuses to print anything other than ACSII w/Linux -
> and I've tried every filter known to HP to try and get Netscrape
> to print - no joy. I've heard similar stories with other HP
> printers bought in Japan.

I'm also use HP Deskjet 560J, but I am happly to use it.
This series printer is similer to Deskjet 500 and accept PCL code.
Escape codes are differ from another HP printer, but using DVIOUT
 the TeX DVIware made in Japan, I can print to it. It may be easy to
hack driver/filter source, because difference is almost escape code,
but data type is same as american HP printer  without KANJI feature.
I'm now hacking g3togj.c to use HP DJ560J as fax printer.

A ghostscript may use only graphic mode of printer, then KANJI feature
does not take effect to driver.

Hiroshi
--
三浦広志 	miura@example.com
speciality:	Wide-band Network engineer(ATM, FR, TCP/IP and Security)

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station