Re: tlug: PPP for Dummies :-)

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> wrote,

>     Manuel> I have some problems, though. The internal modem seems to
>     Manuel> make trouble when I simultaneously use an Accton PCMCIA
>     Manuel> Ethernet card.  (And funnily this card is never recognized
>     Manuel> during booting (or when inserted first), but only after
>     Manuel> ejecting it and plugging it into *the other* PCMCIA slot.)
>
> Acctons in general seem to have bad juju.  Neither tulip.c nor de4x5.c
> works perfectly on the Accton PCI ethernet card I have (two of,
> unfortunately).

I think, I had similar trouble with a 3Com Etherlink that
works nicely in a Dell Lattitude.

BTW, does anybody know what's up with the lattest Sony VAIO
505/64EX series?  I heared the recalled all machines shortly
after starting to ship them.

Manuel
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station