Re: tlug: good news & better news

From: Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>
Subject: tlug: good news & better news
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 00:56:25 +0900 (JST)

sstone> Cliff and I have arranged for the opportunity to put the tlug server on
sstone> the same hub as phtarchive, giving it 10MBit/sec bandwidth, and therefore
sstone> would allow for the FTP stuff to be kept there, with virtually unlimited
sstone> capacity (bandwidth-wise).
sstone>
sstone> Does the group want to move the server off of the shared 128k and onto the
sstone> 10MBit co-loc (no cost to tlug, btw)... ?  The pros are obviously the
sstone> bandwidth, cooling system, and halon 1301 fire suppression system that's
sstone> at the coloc facility.  The downside is that we can't get together and
sstone> have tlug server parties anymore.  They'll only allow two people in there
sstone> at once, and drinks/snacks are out of the question :)

Due to the bandwidth limitations of the 128, I think it would be better to
move to the 10MBit co-loc.  The focus of the server is more on software
and administration knowledge.  We can do this remotely.

If we have the server on the 10 meg, can we run the FTP archive off the
server?

Can we get the tlug.gr.jp setsuzoku information registered with JPNIC
through your ISP?

Thank you for all your work on behalf of TLUG.

Can you wait a day or so we can collect opinions?

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda   craigoda@example.com   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craig

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691