Re: tlug: good news & better news

> Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 00:56:25 +0900 (JST)
> From: Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>
> Sender: owner-tlug@example.com
>

> GOOD news:
>
> Today I set up a new colocated server in Otemachi, phtarchive.pht.co.jp.
> it's (yet another) AMD K6-200, 64MB RAM, 9GB SCSI disk, Buslogic BT946C
> (the one that Joe brought over here, actually.  The 9gb disk is the one
> that used to be in the tlug server).  It's colocated on a 10MBit
> connection.
>
> BETTER news (for tlug):
>
> Cliff and I have arranged for the opportunity to put the tlug server on
> the same hub as phtarchive, giving it 10MBit/sec bandwidth, and therefore
> would allow for the FTP stuff to be kept there, with virtually unlimited
> capacity (bandwidth-wise).
>
> Does the group want to move the server off of the shared 128k and onto the
> 10MBit co-loc (no cost to tlug, btw)... ?  The pros are obviously the
> bandwidth, cooling system, and halon 1301 fire suppression system that's
> at the coloc facility.  The downside is that we can't get together and
> have tlug server parties anymore.  They'll only allow two people in there
> at once, and drinks/snacks are out of the question :)

Ken,

I imagine that you're going to want to start the process for applying
for the domain name. Please get in touch with Shouichi at our office
about who to contact at PSINet.

  $BNkLZ(B $B>M0l(B
  shouichi@example.com
  5477-9675

Cliff

$BBeI=<hDyLr<RD9(B
$B%Q%7%U%#%C%/%O%$%F%C%/3t<02q<R(B
Cliff Miller
Pacific HiTech, Home of TurboLinux
Tel +81-3-5477-9675
Fax +81-3-5477-9919
cliff@example.com

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691