Re: tlug: Hello, I'm a newbie and help!

"Jonathan Byrne--3Web" <jq@example.com> wrote,

> But to continue the commercial, I'm a former
> Red Hat 5.0 user who would never switch back from TurboLinux.

This actually is a very interesting point.  I'll get YAM
(Yet Another Machine) next month or so.  So far, I am using
Slackware, but with then four Linux machines to keep
updated, I guess I can save a lot of work with a better
packaging system etc.  So, I am planning to switch to
another distribution.  Currently, I am considering RedHat
and TurboLinux.  I am inclined to go for the latter, but I
am wondering whether there is a *good reason* to do so
(apart from doing Scott a favour or so).  One point for
TurboLinux is that Scott already packaged a XFree86 version
with the NeoMagic patch (three of the mentioned machines
use this chip).  On the other hand, one might feel that
RedHat, as it is the bigger company, might be faster with
keeping pace with new developments.

Related to this, two questions:

* Is there Japanese support from RedHat.
* I guess the Japanese version of TurboLinux comes with all
  the English and the Japanese stuff, right? (E.g.,
  documentation etc.)

Any opinions?

Manuel
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691