Re: tlug: Ethernet timeout problem

Tim Meggs writes:
 >  5:      88735   at1700
[...]
 > Allied Telesis, CenterCOM RE series: RE2001

Sorry, it doesn't work.  I know what the problem is and could fix it.
I did make patches for this card several times since 1993 (to NET
channel of Linux at Finland (of good old days), Don Becker,
fj.os.linux, or linux-net/linux-kernel at vger), and some part are
included in official distribution.

Then, I've contacted Allied Telesis Head Office at Gotanda last year.
We took meeting three times or so to get REAL :-) official support of
this driver, but they haven't decided about Linux support.

I think that your choice is:
(1) Change the card to NE2000 or whatever you want
(2) Wait for official support
(3) Wait for unofficial support

For (3), if I can find time, I'll try.  But perhaps I can't find time
before Golden Week.

Thanks,
--
NIIBE Yutaka
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691