No Subject

To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: tlug: Office suite for use under Linux
Comments: Hyperbole mail buttons accepted, v3.18.1.

Manuel Chakravarty writes:
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> worte,
 >
 > > However, the three American universities I know best (Ohio University
 > > (Athens), Stanford University, and the Ohio State University
 > > (Columbus)) all provide extremely strong non-credit, free curricula in
 > > computer usage at their computing centers.  These curricula rival most
 > > academic departments for breadth and depth.  I know that OSU provided
 > > a course on Linux (using Welsh's Running Linux as the text), as well
 > > as regexp and Excel classes.
 >
 > That is definitely a good idea.  My point (in response to
 > Karl-Max Wagner) was more or less that this is not only a
 > problem in Japan, because I missed something like that also
 > at the two German universities that I know best (Univ. of
 > Karlsruhe and Technical Univ. of Berlin).
Just to give an example that this kind of service is also available at
German universities. The regional computing center of the university of
cologne also provides a veriety of course and documentations for all kinds
of programs and operating systems. Take a look at:
http://www.Uni-koeln.de/RRZK/index.e.html
you might even find some html documents that can help you.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics
Toho University
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, Chiba 274
Japan

e-mail : mocm@example.com
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor: