tlug: volunteers

Hi,
I've been reviewing some of the past TLUG notes that were under some
subject line about Office or something.  I previously skipped those
since I had some 1,000 new e-mail messages in my inbox.  I just installed
procmail under prom-mew, so it should be easier from now.

I still have not figured out what the argument was about.

Though, one thing I would like to comment on is that we need more volunteers
and possibly some additional organization.   A meeting with 65 people or
a nomikai with over 30 people does take some planning.  Due to the volunteer
nature of the group, things don't always go smoothly and I don't think
they should.  A major part of TLUG is the social element of getting together
and having fun.  In this social atmosphere, information about Linux and
free software are exchanged.  The other tools of information exchange such
as the web page, the mailing list, and specialty projects also take time
to maintain.  These things also mean that someone has to take responsibility
for certain functions.  Responsibility is not always a nice thing, but
volunteers are usually willing to accept a certain amount of responsibility
in order to pursue a common goal.

In the spirit of cooperation, would anyone like to step forward and
take the responsibility for any of the following:

  1)  kanji for next nomikai.  You need to get a rough head count,
	make the reservations and collect the money,

  2)  TLUG treasurer.  Be responsible for the money.

  3)  liason to foster cooperation with JLUG and other free software groups.

  4)  listmaster for the main TLUG list after the move to the main server

We also need some communication from the snackmaster and to make sure
that person is going to go to the next meeting.

Also, please be nice to everyone doing work for TLUG.  It's a good cause
and we really need all the help we can get.    Joe Marchak, Ken Harada,
John Little, and Jim Schweizer were elected as officers as a form of
recognition for their hard work for TLUG.  Please shower them with
praise and thanks.  :-)   Remember, this is supposed to be a lot of
fun!   :-)   fun!   :-)   fun!  :-)   So, say, "thanks, thanks, thanks."

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda   craigoda@example.com   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craig
TWICS business: tel 03-3351-5977   e-mail craig@example.com
Send important e-mail to both addresses.

a word from the sponsor: