Re: tlug: mew subject width

>>>>> "craigoda" == craigoda  <craigoda@example.com> writes:

    craigoda> Hi, I'm trying out mew, the e-mail system, under XEmacs
    craigoda> 20.4.

    craigoda> I would like to increase the width of the subject line
    craigoda> in the summary window.

Craig,

I got it working. Just add the following to you .emacs

(setq mew-prog-imls-arg-list (list "--form=%5n %m%d %-14A %-40S %b"))

I was trying to set it to:

(setq mew-prog-imls-arg-list (list "-f \"%5n %m%d %-14A %-40S %b\""))

but this did not work because when imls was called, that arg was
passed as:

	"-f "%5n %m%d %-14A %-40S %b""

The format means ( I think ) :

%5n %m%d %-14A %-40S %b
 |   |     |     |    |
 |   |     |     |    - body
 |   |     |     - subject width
 |   |     - sender width
 |   - month day
 - message number

    craigoda> As you can see from the example above, I can't read the
    craigoda> entire subject line.  I would like to get rid of the
    craigoda> first line of the e-mail message that is to the right of
    craigoda> the subject line and just have the message number, date,
    craigoda> author, and subject in the summary bar.  Is there any
    craigoda> way I can do this?

I think if you make format something like:

%5n %m%d %-14A %-50S

Should work.

Andy
a word from the sponsor: