Re: tlug: mew read and unread configuration

    craigoda> Hi, I'm still battling with mew.  The subject line
    craigoda> setting is getting to be really annoying.  There has to
    craigoda> be a way to make it wider.  I'm going through the emacs
    craigoda> commands starting with mew- and haven't found anything
    craigoda> yet.

I've partially worked this out. In mew-scan.el there is a function
called mew-summary-scan-body. This calls a perl script imls, which
scans a mail folder an prints out the summary. It take a -f option,
which defines the format, by default its:

	"%5n %m%d %-14A %-18S %b"

I changed it to:

	"%5n %m%d %-14A %-40S %b"

And it gave a longer subject when run on the command line. In
mew-summary-scan-body, it adds mew-prog-imls-arg-list to the list of
args to pass to imls. I tried:

(setq mew-prog-imls-arg-list (list "-f \"%5n %m%d %-14A %-40S %b\""))

in my .emacs file, but then I get an error:

Listing +sysadm/dhcpd ...
List error: must specify just one folder.

Which seems to come from:

	mew-summary-scan-sentinel

Actuall, its imls that is complaining about

List error: must specify just one folder.

So I guess the args that mew-summary-scan-body is passing imls are
wrong. I know I'm close, but I have to go now. Maybe this will help.

I'll take another whack at it later...

    craigoda>   I'm also curious as to how I can distiguish between
    craigoda> read and unread messages.  My inbox now has some 2,000
    craigoda> messages and I can't figure out which ones I've read and
    craigoda> have not read.

I'd like to know that as well.

One last thing, in mail from tlug, mew always complains:

Mail header "From owner..." doesn't conform to RFC 822. skipping...

Andy

a word from the sponsor: