tlug: New Server Hardware

Hi All,

> Anyway, let me know.  The upshot is, though, that we'd need a
> motherboard that's capable of addressing an IDE drive of that size -
> some of the older 486 boards can't do it.  Preferably the BIOS should
> also support LBA, so we can get LILO working on it as well.

OK - I'll donate my old (beloved but recently neglected) P75
mini-tower for the TLUG server.   I never have time to use it these
days anyways.  I'll post the specs on it tomorrow.

Also, on the UPS issue, our company has an extra UPS which we were going
to throw away when we move buildings.  It will give about 5 minutes
service during an outage.  It has a small footprint and the tower
can sit on top of it.

-Joe.

Joe Marchak
joem@example.com

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: