tlug: netscape and plugins

Hi,
I've been trying to get the Real Player 5.0 to work as a plugin
under Communicator 4.04.  I've been reading on usenet and the web
that this is possible under Linux.  Also, the RealPlayer for Linux
documentation gave instructions on how to install it under Linux
Netscape as a plugin.

There was one person on usenet that had the same problem as I
am having now, but there was no answer.

I'm placing the plugin in /usr/lib/netscape/communicator/plugins/

and ~/.netscape/plugins

I've restarted Netscape several times, but can't get it to
work.

Evidently there are lots of plugins for Netscape Linux out there,
including how to get midi sound and Java sound.

My problem is that when I select Preference/Browser/Applications,
no plugins show up.  When I select plugins from help, no
plugins show up.

Any advice?

Regards,
Craig

------
craig@example.com
PGP Public Key   http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: