RE: tlug: Fired for choosing Linux?

I really have to disagree with this point.  Aren't RedHat and Caldera
already doing this?  I think that these companies are adding to the
popularity of linux if anything.  Personally, I think it would be great
to see RedHat or maybe TurboLinux (no advertising money from Scott) be
the next dominant operating system.

Maybe I look at it differently then... Caldera and RedHat are trying to
commercialize it, and if most companies act like this, then that would be
fine... but if M$ suddenly started liking it, or another player such as
Apple or other well-established tech company (maybe N$?), I can say that
they will not have intentions of keeping their versions of Linux to be open
such as RedHat and Caldera (I haven't seen Caldera, so I am assuming that it
is simlar to RedHat)...

I believe that Linux could be a future dominant O/S, however, this is
assuming that it will succeed being the way it is now.... Open, and not
proprietary...

One more point is that Ziff-Davis and Jesse Berst are by no means
non-partisan opinions.  99% of their business depends on Windows being
the dominant platform.  Don't be suprised if Jesse got an extra $10K
from Bill for spilling that story...

Yes, I believe this to be the case... :D  it is quite sad that M$ has a
dominant share... looking back in the past, weren't they the ones who
created the more stable OS/2? What happened?  I guess there's just a lot of
drugs up there in Redmond...

Mikio

application/ms-tnef