Re: tlug: HOW TO SETUP A NOTEBOOK FUJITSU WITH LINUX RED HAT 5

Fernando wrote,

> I  have notebook fujitsu  5.0   with only cd rom drive ---no floppy drive
> Can somebody  provide me the resources to intsall red hat 5.0 and also
> recommend me the best way to install it using only  the cdrom drive.
 On page 39 of RedHat5.0 manual they write
'The Red Hat Linux/Intel CD-ROM can also be booted by newer computers
that support bootable CD-ROMs. Not all computers support this feature,

 So you have a possibility to install RedHat 5.0 without floppy drive.

> my notebook fujitsu have windows 95 japanese  fully loaded and  have a full
> installation of tcp /ip and dial up capabilities. JUst  dont want to use
> win95J anymore  instead  wnats to use the latest red hat 5.0
 I'm interested installing RedHat5.0 without floppy drive. Can you give
me a chanse to me? Then I'll go all the way to Tokyo with RedHat5.0.
(I live near Komagawa Station. Try to find where it is.)

Cheers,

Masa    Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station