tlug: Re: Debian

craig> On the other hand, IMHO Red Hat may make the best inroads into
craig> the corporate market, due to its popularity and corporate
craig> development structure.  For example, looking at
craig> http://www.redhat.com, one of the big developments is that
craig> availability of vendor-backed commercial support contracts.  On
craig> that same page there are announcements about commercial software
craig> from Netscape, Crack dot Com, and TriTeal CDE.

This hits it right on the head.  From my experience here at work, it was
much easier to promote Linux as a "real" operating system when RedHat came
out with their boxed packages, professional documentation, and
service guarantee.  I use RedHat for everything in the office, but I've
switched to Debian at home.

Joe Marchak
joem@example.com

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: