Re: tlug: gcc bug in SlackWare 3.3

I tried compiling on a system here(Debian-gcc2.7.2.1) and it compiled
fine except for a few things like a non-existant libtermcap.

> GNU C version 2.7.2.2 (i386 Linux/ELF) compiled by GNU C version 2.7.2.1.
> enabled: -fpeephole -ffunction-cse -fpcc-struct-return -fcommon -fgnu-linker
>          -fargument-alias -m80387 -mhard-float -mno-soft-float -mno-386
>          -m486 -mieee-fp -mfp-ret-in-387

This seems to suggest that there is some optimization going on. It is
a long shot but what happens if you compile with -fno-peephole.

int
percent_sorted()
{
    return((fetched_count*100) / mn_get_total(ps_global->msgmap));
}

doesn't look like it would do anything bad. ps_global is an extern
global variable so you may find out something by compiling with
-fno-common. But otherwise I'm out of my depth here.

Hajime Saito

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: