Re: tlug: Keeping the spool

On 20-Nov-97 Paul Gampe scribbled:
>On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Totoro wrote:
>
>riley>OK, I'm getting really frustrated here. This is probably a very
>riley>basic question, but how can I have an MTA (as in procmail) just copy
>riley>mail from the spool, without moving it? I've been going through
>riley>everything I can find, and no docs address this, or at least in any
>riley>language I know... :-)
>
>Hi David,
>
>If the mail was to stay in the spool, then it would be staying in the
>queue, and therefore be undelivered.  Perhaps if you explained what you
>are trying to achieve I could suggest some alternatives?

Well, I'd like to be able to maintain the mail on my Linux box and
be able to read it from here as well as from an older Mac that I have
at home (via ppp). Right now I use fetchmail to bring mail from my
school's server to /var/spool/mail/riley, and then procmail puts it
into the various folders in my home directory. I'd just like to have
it available to another client, if possible.

David

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp
TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: