Re: tlug: Keeping the spool

>>>>> "Totoro" == Totoro  <riley@example.com> writes:

    Totoro> On 20-Nov-97 Paul Gampe scribbled:
    >> On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Totoro wrote:

    riley> OK, I'm getting really frustrated here. This is probably a
    riley> very basic question, but how can I have an MTA (as in

"MDA"

    riley> procmail) just copy mail from the spool, without moving it?

    Totoro> older Mac that I have at home (via ppp). Right now I use
    Totoro> fetchmail to bring mail from my school's server to
    Totoro> /var/spool/mail/riley, and then procmail puts it into the
    Totoro> various folders in my home directory. I'd just like to
    Totoro> have it available to another client, if possible.

(Kludge) create a separate fake account (mymail) to receive the mail (I
think fetchmail can handle different user names) then use fetchmail
again to deliver to riley.

(Solution) IMAP.  If Craig doesn't show up on the list, ask him
directly.  He loves it so much he keeps using Pine.
TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: