Re: tlug: Get your Bumpers ready!

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, joem wrote:

> We have just received a large box of goods from SSC as part
> of our GLUE (Group of Linux Users Everywhere) Subscription.
>
>     20 Linux Bumper stickers (with penguin)
>    100 Round Stickers (with penguin)
>     20 copies of the Oct. 1997 Linux Journal
>      1 copy of BRU
>      1 copy of Caldera Lite

I think we should guarantee a round penguin
sticker to every person that comes to the Dec. meeting and save
the rest for the next Feb. 14th meeting.  Could we get
a description of the round penguin sticker?  I know that this
is one reason that I'm going to be there.  :-)

With all this booty, it might be a good idea to write a better
random number generator and see if we can use it for the
raffle ticket picker instead of placing the tickets in a beer mug.
As I mentioned, I was having some problems generating truly
random numbers under Java which prevented me using Linux to
get the TLUG raffle numbers.  However, at a minimum I'll
try to use Linux to design and print the raffle tickets.  How
does one get really random numbers in a certain range under
Linux, preferrably with Java?

Regards,
Craig

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: