tlug: Also Looking for

By the way, I have a 2-day hole in my TLUG folder (11/9 and 11/10);
did my upstream smarthost f--k up again?

I'm looking for SIMMs for old machines, specifically for a Sparc ELC
and for a 5-year-old AMI motherboard.  I've got part numbers, but the
vendors in Tsukuba just look at the machine and say a lie that means
"finding parts that aren't on the shelf in my store or warehouse is
not my job, and you have to buy from me anyway so I don't care what
you think."  So it looks like I'm going to be out of pocket again....
I hate the university purchasing department (which is where the
assignment of orders to vendors gets made); probably around mid-
January I'll be asking about plastic explosives....

Anyway, any suggestions for vendors would be appreciated.  Phone-order
preferred, little-teeny kiosk in Akihabara is OK too although I'll
have to wait longer to go to Tokyo in person.

Steve
TLUG Thursday evening meeting: Nov. 13, 18:40 at Tokyo station
Starbuck's coffee.  Then move to dinner place at 19:00
info: demian@example.com | TLUG Saturday meeting is Dec. 13, 1997
a word from the sponsor: