RE: tlug: RE: Permanent System

On 23-Oct-97 John Little wrote:

>   Well, I still have the tower 486 system with the RAID disk
>   controller and 800MB ~ 1.6GB (depending upon configuration) of
>   IDE hard disks just waiting for a home as the TLUG server. I'm
>   quite willing to ship it to Steven or David if either of them
>   is willing to give space, juice and a connection.

Hmmm. It's nice of you to mention me. I'd feel a bit awkward, in
light of the fact that I haven't even made it to a meeting yet. :-)
I have some space for it, and a few unused IP addresses, but again
can't say that it'll be up every day. As Steve mentioned, the old
business of long holidays and wierd ethics in the NACSIS mindset.
Last August's week of downtime comes back to mind... Other than
that, I have no problem.

>   Come to that, if it isn't going to be used in any other way, it
>   might just as well become one of our "stock" machines for meetings
>   (with Joe's permission, of course).

Whatever you all want to do. I'm also a bit remote, so if someone else
wanted to spend time hacking on it, he/she would need a substantial
travel time allowance to cruise up here and back!

David

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: