tlug: Re: Xemacs vs. Nihongo

>tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
>
>    Hajime> I have no trouble at all with XEmacs-20.2 except you have
>    Hajime> to have load mime to be able to see japanese characters
>    Hajime> properly.
>
>This is, unfortunately, The Right Thing[tm] I think.  The problem is

>I think it's just easiest to have the MIME tool always active.

Thanks to Stephen and Hajime for some good info, and also to Manuel
for the additions to the TLUG page. I did get some things working better,
but still haven't figured out how to get gnus to do Japanese. Maybe when
20.3 or 20.4 makes it out, the implementation will be a bit smoother. I
meant to thank everyone earlier, but it's been crazy with presentations,
classes and all.

Was I dreaming when I looked at an archive of xemacs betas today, or
is it really up to  number 91? These people don't sleep, I guess...

David
Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki  Hachinohe-shi  Aomori-ken  031

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)