Re: tlug: forwarded message from Hajime Saitou

tlug note from Hajime Saitou <hajime@example.com>

Hello. I'm on this list too. Joined it a few days ago after seeing the
post on comp.os.linux.announce.

I have no trouble at all with XEmacs-20.2 except you have to have load
mime to be able to see japanese characters properly.

I'd be grateful for any input concerning this as I seem to be the only
one suffering from it. Although I'm rather suspicious about the debian
gcc-2.7.2.3-2 package. I have to set an environment variable
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=... or else it doesn't find the right cc1 binary. This
also seems to be the cause for one file not compiling properly under
pgcc. It's also a pain in the neck compiling egcs.

I was just considering setting up a news server on the system I have
at home to see if I have the same trouble there but...

I was thinking of going to the meeting tomorrow. Looks like I'd better
go to get some opinions. If you see a rather scruffy looking guy
walking around looking lost, that'll be me. I'll try to make it to
Starbucks.

よろしく。

Hajime Saito
hajime@example.com

> tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
>
> --m9bq5wQnFq
>
> Somebody asked about Japanese in Gnus; I don't know if this will
> help.  I've got the rest of the thread if you want it, but it's mostly
> about corruption of the newsrc, and I don't think you got far enough
> to worry about it :-)

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997