RE: tlug: Introducing myself & requesting some help

tlug note from "Francks Trane (Tokyo PO)" <Francks@example.com>

Masahiro Otsuka <col@example.com> wrote:

Please forgive me for not replying sooner, but I just got
back from a business trip to Austria. Still seems as though
it might be good information, though, as I didn't see any
replies posted to the list.

> From my experience Linux run all most all PC I bought. With one
> exception. That's AMD K6. This sounds so weired but I couln't recompile
> kernel with this PC. I still don't know why. I took this HD to another
> PC and was comiled OK. So you may want to be carefull with those PC's.

There is an acknowledged bug in the K6 that causes this
behaviour. The last I heard about it, AMD was able to
reproduce the compile failures under Linux and were
actively looking for a solution. Any users who are having
problems with Linux under an AMD processor should
contact the company -- they really seem interested in
taking care of any issues that users uncover.

Cheers.

trane

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997