tlug: xemacs-20.2 vs. pixmaps

tlug note from Totoro <riley@example.com>
OK, I'm starting to lose hair about this one. I compiled xemacs-20.2
with-xpm and all, but can't run it due to:

xemacs: X Error of failed request:  BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  54 (X_FreePixmap)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xbffff209
  Serial number of failed request:  5336

The serial numbers are different all the time, of course...

Anyhow, I have xpm-3.4j and libXpm-4.*** installed. In fact, I put in
the tarballs a little while ago just for a test, but still no go. Any
ideas as to what this problem is? The config file for xemacs says that
it found xpm ok, so I'm stumped.

TIA,

David
Hachinohe Institute of Technology
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997