Re: tlug: Lyx and Latex

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Jim Schweizer wrote:

schweiz>Does anyone know where to get a prebuilt LATEX macro package for
schweiz>Slackware?

Jim,
I have LyX installed on my system for testing.
It might be good if you don't know LaTeX, something
that I don't evangelize,
but since I've been using LaTeX for a while, I can type like the
wind with it.  :-)

I haven't used Slackware in a while, so I'm not sure, but isn't there
a t disk set that has all the LaTeX stuff on it?  I don't think you
need to install it from CTAN unless you want to.  I used to use
Slackware and LaTeX a few years ago and never complied LaTeX from
source.  If you look in the existing Slackware disk sets for the
binaries and you're still having problems, let me know.

Regards,
Craig

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997