tlug: Re: Mule-19.34

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
I compiled the patched Canna-Mule 19.34b from sources, and ran into an
error.  I'm not sure why this happened, since it supposedly compiled
happily for the Debian-JP guy, but I had a problem.

Here's a patch, starting from the parent of the emacs source
directory:

*** emacs-19.34/lisp/mule-inst.el~	Tue Jan 28 22:10:49 1997
--- emacs-19.34/lisp/mule-inst.el	Tue Jan 28 21:59:53 1997
***************
*** 33,41 ****

  (defun load-necessary-files ()
    (message "Loading necessary files for byte-compile...")
    (load "subr")
    (load "version")
-   (load "byte-run")
    (load "loaddefs.el")
    (garbage-collect)
    (setq purify-flag nil)
--- 33,42 ----

  (defun load-necessary-files ()
    (message "Loading necessary files for byte-compile...")
+   (load "byte-run")
+ ;; patched by sjt Tue Jan 28 21:59:34 1997 (moved byte-run up in the list)
    (load "subr")
    (load "version")
    (load "loaddefs.el")
    (garbage-collect)
    (setq purify-flag nil)

subr.el apparently depends on a lisp macro defsubst, which is defined
in byte-run.el.  Oooops.

Steve

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi