kterm patch for JIS X 0212

Hullo everyone. I have just joined this mailing list as I am
long-standing (well 2.5 years) user of Linux and the JE tools, and
it is nice to interact with others in the same situation.

I want to pick up a question that was passed on to me about the patched
kterm to handle the JIS X 0212 characters (essentially the extra 5,801
hojo kanji.) I got the patched kterm going last year both on my Monash
(Ultrix 2.4) system and at home (Linux 1.0.9 kernel.) I even found and
fixed a major bug which kept it crashing all the time using a vi-like
editor.

My HDD died about 6 weeks ago, and I rebuilt my Linux from scratch using
the latest Slackware CDROMs, and I had heaps of problems getting the
patched kterm going.  Although it is a R6 version, it was mismatching all
over the place. I finally got it going on Sunday, so I now have my full
JIS208/JIS212 environment running (xjdic, jstevie, etc.)

If anyone is keen to handle more kanji than any sensible person will ever
need, I can pass on the tips. Eventually I'll repackage the kterm with
some installation guidelines.

Cheers

Jim Breen
-------
Jim Breen          [$@%8%`!&%V%j!<%s(J@$@%b%J%7%eBg3X(J]
Department of Digital Systems.                  Monash University,
Clayton VIC 3168 Australia (p) +61 3 9905 3298 (f) +61 3 9905 3574
j.breen@example.com   [http://www.dgs.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]