Re: kterm patch for JIS X 0212

> Hullo everyone. I have just joined this mailing list as I am
> long-standing (well 2.5 years) user of Linux and the JE tools, and
> it is nice to interact with others in the same situation.

Jim who?  Never heard of you.

:)  BTW- your name showed up in this month's _Tokyo Journal_ (English
language mag about stuff going on in Tokyo) as a side-mention of the
person responsible for EDICT/KANJIDIC which RJ uses.  I'll try to
remember to type in the paragraph tonight when I get home.

> My HDD died about 6 weeks ago, and I rebuilt my Linux from scratch using
> the latest Slackware CDROMs, and I had heaps of problems getting the
> patched kterm going.  Although it is a R6 version, it was mismatching all
> over the place.

Did you try kterm-6.2.0?  I had to hack an older version of kterm all
over the place to get it to work with my Solaris 2.5 system, but when
I compiled 6.2.0, it compiled without a single whine.  It was great!
I believe the location is:

	ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/applications/kterm-6.2.0.README
	ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/applications/kterm-6.2.0.tar.gz

Jason

PS-  Haha, I just joined this list myself so I should say "Hi!" to
everyone.  I'm just some random loser here in Tokyo who runs Linux when
it's convenient. :)